Wikimotive is a boutique digital marketing agency with a “work hard, play hard” mentality. We pride ourselves on being both results-driven and culture-centric. As such, an ideal candidate would be one who contributes on multiple fronts––offering both the required skill-sets and a willingness to be a part of a great team. They would be motivated, proactive, embrace expectations of accountability, and have a strong commitment to excellence in all that they do.
What is a Client Success Manager?
A Wikimotive Client Success Manager is passionate about the success of our automotive clients and serves as the primary interface between our amazing clients and our internal team. As a skilled expert in both the automotive industry and the digital marketing space, the Client Success Manager will develop lasting relationships with clients and assess their performance on a monthly basis to ensure goals are met. This is done with a number of tools, like Google Analytics, Search Console, and SEMrush, as well as through their relationship-building skills. With a results-based mindset, the Client Success Manager will ensure continuous improvement in digital strategies and business growth for our clients.
- Ensure client satisfaction for a boutique, high end digital marketing product suite (best in industry and typically most expensive)
- Hold web based client review meetings, covering data, deliverables, observations, and ROI KPIs.
- Field client calls and emails regarding Wikimotive services and 3rd party marketing services.
- Advise clients on marketing best practices, including synergistic 3rd party products which complement ours.
- Project manage one-off client requests.
- Communicate client needs to internal teams.
- Portray Wikimotive’s white-glove approach and commitment to excellence.
- Recommend Wikimotive products based on client needs analysis.
- Ensure contract renewals through client satisfaction and education.
- MUST have 3+ years experience in Tier 3 automotive digital marketing.
- MUST have 3+ years experience working with multiple auto dealers (either within a group or with a vendor/agency)
- Advanced or greater proficiency with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google My Business
- Intermediate or greater understanding of SEO strategy and modern best practice.
- Intermediate or greater understanding of Facebook marketing and ads management.
- Familiarity with a variety of 3rd party products and vendors serving Tier 3 automotive (i.e. website vendors, chat tools, digital retailing tools, etc.)
- Highly organized; able to task switch without losing place
- Clear and articulate communicator; Has excellent professional communication skills.
- Detail oriented
- Driven to operate with excellence without supervision
- Self directed; Able to self-manage
- Proficient with Mac OS, word processing software (i.e. Google Docs), spreadsheets (i.e. Google Sheets), slideshow software (i.e. Powerpoint or Keynote)
- Some experience as an SEO practitioner.
- Some experience running Facebook ads.
- Experience in both internal Tier 3 automotive marketing and being a vendor to Tier 3 automotive.
- Experience in some role in automotive retail.
- Knowledge/Experience with PPC/SEM for Tier 3 automotive.
- Compensation starting at $75,000+ (compensation commensurate with experience)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Fully paid medical insurance for every Wikimotive employee
- 401(k) with company match
- Regular company paid lunches, company stocked snacks and drinks, game room for foosball, shuffleboard, and ping-pong
To support our growing multimedia presence, Wikimotive’s offices are utilized for video and audio production as well as photography during regular office hours. As such, team members may be visible in the background of such content. Wikimotive team members are also invited to take a more prominent role in such content based on their ability, comfort level, and desire to do so.